Bharat Interface for Money or BHIM App is the latest payment application which is the latest initiative by PM Modi launched this Friday to trigger the cashless India initiative. It is an Aadhaar based payment application all set to make digital transactions easier. If you want to learn about BHIM App for Android I will help you with all the details.
BHIM app for Android is actually a re-branded version of the UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and the USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data). No more card swiping since money can be received through biometric scanners digitally.
With the BHIM App transactions will become faster and easier and will just require the user’s thumb to operate it. PM Modi has also added that transactions can also be carried out without the use of internet too.
BHIM App for Android: An overview
On Friday 30th of December, 2016 at the Digi Dhan Mela Event in Tatikonda Stadium, New Delhi PM Modi launched the BHIM App. This Aadhaar based payment mobile app is all set to revolutionize digital payment system in the country.
This is a really simple application that will even work with feature phones too. I believe the BHIM App is a great initiative since you just need your fingerprint to transact money.
Works with almost any phone
The BHIM App is designed especially for Android smartphones, but if you are using a feature phone, you still can use this application. All you need to do is dial *99# to start using this app with your feature phone.
It is still not available for iPhone, but there has been confirmation that a version for iPhone will soon be available too and it will be available in iTunes store very soon.
You can also check out: Top 7 iOS and iPad Antivirus Apps
Download BHIM App for Android?
Since BHIM App is only available for Android mobile, iPhone users have to wait a little bit. For Android users here are the steps to download this app.
- Visit Google Play Store and type ‘BHIM’ in the search portal and you wait for the results.
- Select the app and click the install option to start the installation process.
- Wait for the installation process to get over.
- Once the process is over the set the language that you prefer which can be either, Hindi or English. More regional languages are going to be added later on which I believe is a really good thing.
- After the step is complete go on clicking ‘Next.’
- Now click ‘Let’s Get Started.’
- Then you will be asked to verify your phone number, the one which is all linked and registered to your bank accounts.
- You will then need to select your bank and provide all the information that they ask like Debit card number.
- You will then need to set a UPI pin by providing all the necessary details of your Debit card.
Once the registration gets over you will receive a confirmation message. Now you can start doing transactions just by scanning by scanning the QR code.
How to use the BHIM App?
Before you start using this application, you need to register your bank account with BHIM and set a UPI PIN for that bank. Here your mobile number becomes your payment address or PA. Doing transactions have never been easy, and it is probably the simplest way to do so with the BHIM App.
Here are some of the ways of using this app:
- Send or Receive Money: Use the BHIM App to send or receive money from friends or family and almost anyone through a PA. If you want to send money to non-UPI supported banks you can do that by using the IFSC and MMID numbers. It is also possible to collect money using reverse payments or even send a request if you need to.
- Check Balance: You can even check your balance using this app.
- Custom Payment Address: It is even possible to create a custom payment address along with your original phone number.
- QR Code: To do a faster entry of payment address you will just need to scan the QR Code. QR Code can also be printed if you want to display it.
BHIM App Features: Why this is unlike any other payment App available!
BHIM App has some really useful features which make it different than any other payment app.
- No need to put money: BHIM App is directly linked to your bank account, so you don’t need to load money again and again into this app. All your transacted money from this app will be drawn from your bank account.
- Supports multiple languages: Currently BHIM App works in both Hindi and English so, you can choose any of these two languages to do your transaction. Moreover, the developers are coming with more regional languages in the future which will make this app a really versatile tool keeping in mind people from every corner of our country.
- Transaction Limits: With the BHIM App you can do a maximum transaction of Rs. 10,000 at once and a maximum of Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
Which banks does the BHIM App support?
The BHIM App for Android will work with banks which is UPI supported. Go through the list below to find out whether your bank is supported or not.
Allahabad Bank, Vijaya Bank, Andhra Bank, United Bank of India, Axis Bank, Union Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Syndicate Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Standard Chartered Bank, Canara Bank, State Bank of India, Catholic Syrian Bank, South Indian Bank, Central Bank of India, RBL Bank, DCB Bank, Punjab National Bank, Dena Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Federal Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, ICICI Bank, Karnataka Bank, IDBI Bank, Indusind Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank.
BHIM App for Android is not like any other mobile wallets or even Aadhaar Pay!
The fact that you don’t need to load money into this app like you have to do for other mobile wallets makes it way more flexible. This will help save time and also make it easier for you to do transactions.
While Aadhaar Pay is a UIDAI based payment app which makes use of the biometric point of sale machines the BHIM App will just need the Aadhaar Pay based system for allowing a cashless transaction with the help of mobile your mobile phones.
BHIM App will trigger the Cashless India initiative and if you are excited about this brand new application then follow the given steps above to download BHIM App for Android and install it on your mobile.